ECL Kontor GmbH is an international logistics company with roots in customs clearance and transport organization. Family-run and independent, we have stood for quality, reliability, and flexibility for over a decade. Our own logistics complex, built in 2016, with type C bonded warehouse status and a heavy-duty paved open area cover a site area of over 21,000m².
In combination with our own fleet of vehicles, we move entire containers, harmless merchant goods, as well as unconventional shipments. We take care of transshipment, weighing in accordance with the SOLAS Convention, storage, and transport.
Freight Forwarder / Logistics Tradesperson / Freight Forwarding and Logistics Services Clerk / Logistics Clerk (m/f/d) Sea Freight Import, Logistics for E-Commerce, National and International Freight Transport
Your activities at ECL
- As an import clerk you will be responsible for the independent management and processing of international sea freight shipments.
- Ideally, you will be able to handle import clearance independently
- In cooperation with our own truck scheduling department, you will instruct the container transports from the port to our warehouse.
- On the system side, you will maintain the incoming and outgoing goods and forward the orders to our own warehouse.
- Of course, you will ensure efficient processing in your daily work.
- The preparation of transport and customs documents is part of your daily work.
- You will look after our customers from the e-commerce sector daily and organize FBA transports
- You will be responsible for invoicing services and will be in close contact with customers
- Participate in customer meetings and process optimization discussions on a regular basis
Qualifications that will get you ahead.
- You have successfully completed vocational training with a focus on logistics and/or freight forwarding, such as logistics clerk, freight forwarding clerk, freight forwarding and logistics services clerk, logistician or similar (m/f/d)
- You have already gained professional experience
- You have a good command of the MS Office package and are comfortable working on a PC
- You have professional experience in the forwarding of sea freight imports
- You are a team player, committed and distinguish yourself through your distinctive, customer-oriented way of thinking and working.
- You also have a good command of written and spoken English
Apprenticeship as a forwarding and logistics services clerk (m/f/d)
Your training at ECL
You will go through all the main departments of a logistics company, such as
- the customs department for import and export
- logistics for e-commerce
- warehouse logistics
- Truck scheduling
- customer service
You will learn, for example, how to obtain service offers from carriers such as haulage companies, how to communicate with customers and suppliers, and how to carry out warehouse planning and management. Working with logistics software - from customs clearance to incoming and outgoing goods - also accompanies your daily routine. To be able to combine theory and practice, you will regularly attend classes at the vocational school. The knowledge you gain there will be put into practice at our company. Due to the variety of customers and services offered by ECL, you will be recognized as an all-round logistics specialist after completing your training at our company.
Qualifications that will help you get ahead.
- At least a good secondary school leaving certificate with predominantly good grades in the main subjects
- A keen interest in organizational activities and the logistics industry
- You should enjoy working in a team and carrying out tasks independently
- A high willingness to learn, sociability and good language skills are desirable for the start of the apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of foreign languages would of course also be advantageous
- For us, qualities such as reliability, commitment, open-mindedness and team-oriented work are important prerequisites for a successful future together.
Apprenticeship office management clerk (m/f/d)
Your training at ECL
You will go through all the main departments of a logistics company, with a significant proportion in administration/accounting.
Your areas of responsibility will include
- Processing administrative tasks
- Support in the bookkeeping and accounting departments
- Handling correspondence with customers, partners and colleagues
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Answering and forwarding telephone calls
- Master data maintenance
- General tasks in clerical work
You will learn
- get to know the systematics of the processes in our company
- the preparation of official letters and invoices
- all the basics of accounting
- the creation of tables and evaluations
- planning and organizing internal projects.
To combine theory and practice, you will regularly attend classes at the vocational school. The knowledge you gain there will be put into practice at our company. Due to the variety of customers and services offered by ECL, you will be recognized as a fully-fledged office management specialist after completing your training at our company.